Daily deliveries have become routine for numerous residents as a result of the shift to online shopping. You appreciate the benefit of having goods left right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential thieves. Porch piracy continues to be a significant problem, but you can do something about it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are effective tools to deter package theft, but they do so much more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why they’re sure to become an essential facet of your smart home.
Benefits of a Napa video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide an array of innovative features, and the technology continues to advance. You can now customize detection zones, talk to people in front of your door, and receive real-time updates whenever something is dropped off.
The easiest way to see how a Napa video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various benefits it can provide. Consider the following features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t get this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading crime with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of visitors at your entry and packages on the ground. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear streams at any hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the use of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will provide incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is delivered? You can receive automatic updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and packages.
- Converse with whoever’s at your door: Is a person waiting at your main entry? Reciprocal audio allows you to find out why they’re there. You can even take advantage of this handy feature to deter people hanging around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the space to be monitored will allow you to cut down on false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to video: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the chance to view real-time and recorded video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you can interact with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even allow you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into difference-makers in terms of protection and convenience.