Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Napa smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in full charge of your Napa home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find tips to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Napa?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote access and control with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or saved video streams from all integrated cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Napa by implementing schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present in your house and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The main screen will display a warning if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the security system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to circumvent the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Napa
Although multiple users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user at some point. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote capability, tap email or phone and enter the details to deliver an invitation.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Napa security system. Contact (707) 895-5704 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.